COVID-19: November Update
Our latest measures for Moixa installations
Since COVID-19 placed restrictions on the day-to-day lives of many of us, Moixa has made several changes to its operating procedures. We will continue to adapt our way of working in line with changing government guidelines so we can serve our customers in a way which prioritises the health and safety of both our customers and installation partners.
To see the most recent government guidelines, please visit here.
Our latest COVID-19 guidelines for Moixa installations
With the introduction of the new rules, we have once again re-reviewed how we operate in line with our industry bodies (BEAMA, Solar Trade Association and the Construction Leadership Council). We are constantly liaising with industry bodies, updating processes to adhere to different regional guidance and we are installing only where it is safe to do so and allowed by the rules governing that region.
Although none of the new measures announced currently prevent our installers from travelling anywhere for work, we will be monitoring this closely.
Our updated Moixa installation visit protocol
Before each visit, our operations team will need you to answer some questions over the phone to confirm if the visit is safe to go ahead. A visit will not be able to go ahead if:
- You are considered clinically extremely vulnerable based on the government guidelines
- You or someone you live with has symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have had symptoms within the past 2-weeks
- If you have come into contact with someone with symptoms or a positive result for COVID-19 in the past 2-weeks
- If you feel like someone may be put at risk by this visit going ahead
A pre-visit customer survey will also need to be completed by our installers before each visit. A visit will not go ahead if:
- The installer or someone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms within the past 2-weeks
- The installer or someone in their household has had a positive COVID-19 result in the past 2-weeks
- If they feel like someone may be put at risk by this visit going ahead
Additional actions our installation partners are taking
Our installation partners have additional actions that they now need to take when they are on-site in your home. These are:
- The installer should contact you to indicate when they are on their way, and also upon arrival before entering your property (this should be done by a text/phone call)
- On arriving at your home, the installer should wear appropriate Covid-19 PPE (face masks and disposable gloves) and should ensure they wash or sanitise their hands before each job
- The installer will ask you to open the front door, having established their identity and the reason for the visit, and then step back to keep a 2m distance before entering
- You will be asked to open all internal doors to minimise surface contacts from the installer
- At all times during the visit, the installer should maintain at least a 2m distance between themselves and any member of your household. Even with this distance, talking should be kept to a minimum. If at any point the installer feels uncomfortable and like the guidelines are not being adhered to, they can politely request for the guidance to be followed. If the situation does not improve and the installer deems the working environment to be unsafe, they welcome to notify the Moixa Team and leave the site.
- On completion of the site visit the installer will clean and disinfect all surfaces they came into contact with or worked around and remove all waste, materials and equipment
- The installer can give you a run-through of how the solar battery system works, but this should be done whilst adhering to the 2m distancing rule and the conversation should not continue for more than 5 minutes
- Usually, at the end of a visit, the customer will be asked to sign a smartphone to signify the work has been completed. However, to keep to 2m distance guidelines and minimise shared surface contacts, the installer will now read the form to you and ask if you are happy for them to sign in your presence. If you are not comfortable with this, we can email you the form to complete at a later stage.
Updated post-installation measures
If an installer comes into contact with someone who has Covid-19, or if someone in their household tests positive for Covid-19, then we will take the following action:
- All customers that the installer has come into contact with in the past seven 7 days will be contacted as soon as possible and alerted to the fact they may be at risk
- Should the installer subsequently test positive (or negative) we will then update customers on the situation. If the installer tests positive then the customer should self-isolate and follow the latest COVID-19 guidelines
If you are a customer who has been visited by an installer and you then develop symptoms followed by a positive test, you should follow the NHS test and trace guidelines and contact the Moixa team on email@example.com.
Please let us know your feedback!
After the installation is complete you will be asked to fill in a form from Moixa to review your experience. You are welcome to include comments on the installers adherence to COVID-19 guidelines within this.
Please note that during this time it may take longer to complete your Moixa installation or visit and visit dates may need to be changed at the last minute to ensure that we limit the spread of COVID-19 and err on the side of caution. We appreciate your patience at this time.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Moixa Team, we are all still working in COVID-19 safe environments and our Support Team is available from 9am-6pm Monday to Friday.
You can email our support team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on 0207 734 1511.
We hope that you are all able to stay healthy and stay safe.
The Moixa Team