Your Moixa Battery requires a live connection to the internet in order for performance data to be shown on your dashboard and mobile app, If you are not seeing any new data from the battery then you will first need to check there is an active connection between the battery and your internet router. Your Moixa Smart Battery will be connected to your internet router using one of three methods:
- A direct Ethernet cable between the battery and your router.
- A pair of powerline adapters (TP Links or Devolo) plugged into power sockets, one beside the battery and one beside your router
If you are not familiar with which method is being used please contact the the support team who can help identify this for you.
I have recently changed internet providers, how do I reconnect my battery?
If you are replacing your internet router, please ensure that any ethernet cables are moved over to the new router and are firmly connected.
If your wifi network details have changed and you need to update the battery, this is something you can do yourself at home, by following these steps:
- Put your battery into AP (Access Point Mode).
- Press the BYPASS switch gently. To do this, you may need a pencil or other narrow object.
- Then press and hold the MODE button for approximately 2 seconds
- Then press the BYPASS button once again.
Please make sure your battery is out of BYPASS mode before you proceed to the next step. BYPASS mode is indicated by the lights scrolling up and down the control panel.
- Connect to the Moixa Wi-Fi network
- Go onto your Wi-Fi connected laptop, smartphone or tablet
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi menu of your device
- Locate the Moixa Wi-Fi network. This will be called ‘maslow-bXXXXXXXXXX’ where bXXXXXXXXXX is your battery serial ID
- Select the network and when prompted enter the password ‘MaslowPass’
Once your device is connected to the Wi-Fi, open your internet browser and in the search bar at the top of the screen, type the following web address: https://10.74.8.254/
A page will show, asking you to enter your broadband ID, or SSID, and the password for your home Wi-Fi network – these can be found on the back of your Wi-Fi router in your home It is important that you type in the SSID and password exactly as they appear on your home Wi-Fi router, in order to ensure it connects.
Note: Please connect to the 2.4GHz WiFi network if this is available, over a 5GHz network – most modern routers have both options – 2.4GHz has a longer range, a stronger, more reliable signal that will provide a better connection for your Smart Battery.
How much bandwidth will the Moixa Smart Battery use?
The Moixa Smart Battery will use approximately 100 MB per month. If this is an issue for you we can reduce the traffic to your system. However, please be informed that this could limit how much of your data will be visible for us, which could affect our ability to help you, ins case you had any issues in the future. Because of this we recommend staying at the standard 100 MB per month.